Saturday, June 11, 2005

Framed

I used the walmart website to submit some digital photos for developing. I wasn't in any hurry, so it was convenient to do so. The service wasn't all that great; they neglected to send me an e-mail letting me know that the photos were in the store, ready to be picked up. But, the pictures themselves turned out well.
The photos were from various outings with B.; Michigan, Galena, and Little Red Schoolhouse. There were a few prints I had promised her before the shit hit the proverbial fan.
I try to keep my promises. I suppose I fail too, often enough, but not so often that I stop myself from making any.
I went slightly overboard, though. I picked up some frames for a couple of the photos (for her). Why bother? Why incur the withering response when she gets them? Why invite more conflict? Why not? They came out well, so much so that they deserve frames.
Maybe on some level I'm tired of doing things half right.
And maybe I just want to rub it in her face a little. Am I that bitter? Yes. Toss me out with the trash and I'm motivated to find a way to come out smelling like a rose. Knock me down enough and when you're not expecting it I'll charm you. Sometimes guile and sincerity are the same thing, it all depends on your audience.

No comments: