Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Conflict and Foosball

Yesterday, ran into R. at the liquor store. Could have avoided it; saw her car out in the lot, but what would be the point of that? Spend your life avoiding potential conflict, what does that get you? Less hurt, in that moment, but it makes you stagnant over time. I'm happy that I realized that before I was too old for it to make a real difference in my life.

Attended Tuesday Night Dinner for the first time in what seems like eons, at chez Chrid. Nice, big place up in the city. Jerk chicken was the main course; spicy! But really tasty. Over the course of the evening, learned that I am an absolutely awful foosball player. Oh, well. Guess I'll stick with air hockey; less multi-tasking involved. Anyway, it was nice to walk into a room full of people I hadn't seen in so long and feel so welcome. I'll have to try and make it out next week, get back into the pattern.

The more I think about the B. debacle, the more I just shake my head in disbelief. What she could have had, what she is willing to settle for. She is sabotaging herself and her future.

No comments: