Monday, June 27, 2005

Float On

Spent Saturday watching the ballgame and playing poker. Lost at poker, so my two match win streak is done. Probably won't win again for another six months.
Sunday, out early to J & K's; accompanied them and Soren to the Pride parade. A few highlights: dykes on bikes (loud and louder), seeing Lee on a float (but I don't think he saw us), the defective green beads that left J & K with ink all over their necks, creative uses for black tape, lots of women carrying small dogs (?), the wienermobile (of course), and various levels of sunburn throughout the crowd.
My favorite part: There was a float that had a machine that blew a cloud of rainbow confetti into the air. It stopped right where we were standing, and proceeded to spew confetti for about two minutes solid. I just stood there, looking up where the sun should be, but it was mostly blocked out, reflecting off of the paper rainbow cascading down on us.
Such a fun crowd. I cannot understand why I have never been to one of these before.

No comments: