Sunday, May 22, 2005

Weather With You

What is it that keeps us trapped in bad habits and routines? Is it simply the fear of moving outside our comfort zone? Sometimes I wish that some sort of cosmic machinery was in place to force change on me every day. Because I'm not strong enough to do it myself. I need people I trust to ask me to change, so that I know I won't feel too much like a fool when I fail.
Thinking about B, about how perhaps it is easier to be with someone who makes no demands of you. As if that were the perfect state of things in a relationship. I'm wondering if I was asking her to change too much. I didn't think that I was.
This post has no point, I guess. Just trying to work out some notions in my head. It is early yet, and it seems like it will be a nice, if cloudy, day.
I was supposed to go to the lakefront for the autism walk this morning, with B, on account of her cousin. It's a nice day for such an event. Warm enough, yet breezy; good walking weather.
I'm worried about a lot of people right now, but don't know how to tell them, don't know how to help.

No comments: