Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Vows

The J & J wedding reception was fun. A few highlights: The chocolate fountain, the cat sanctuary favors, the little kid doing the crazy legs dance, decent 80's music selections, the high, curved ceilings in the converted railway station, Mike's walking into a tree story, scaring A & J with my rants and visions of kangaroos, Chris and Frank seeming to always have a drink in each hand, the very good dinner, the generally short lines at the bar, and the simple fact of being around people who helped me get through the evening without being despondent.
Yesterday I visited with the niece some more and later went and played poker, where I got crappy cards all night before a desperation move knocked me out. Desperation moves, drama; my life needs less of such things, yes? Just a touch of stability would be nice. Somehow, though, I think the storm has a few more lightning strikes left in it before I can finally calm down.

No comments: