Sunday, August 05, 2001

The Princess Bride is still an awesome movie.


What do you say when you know someone is not telling you the whole truth for the sake of protecting your feelings? Are you wrong for pointing it out? Are they wrong for doing it in the first place? If you know someone so well that you can see through what they are saying, then why dance around the truth? (Wilco: "You've changed, oh you've changed / Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm / Something in my veins, bloodier than blood / The ashtray says, you were up all night" ... "What you once were isn't what you want to be anymore") If it keeps happening, is there a way out? Can things change so quickly, that you just have to admit that even half-truths told with the best of intentions are still half-lies, and that there is no room for someone in another person's life who compels them toward fallacy? And I've done it, and I don't like being on the other end of it. And that's a hard lesson, but I understand now, and I see hard choices ahead.

No comments: