Saturday, August 11, 2001

Okay, quick, I need a number--how many times has Mr. Rogers changed his shoes on television?


Life-the ultimate role playing game. I never really got into those fantasy world rpg's. Sort of hung around the fringes now and then; almost afraid to get caught up in it. I recall playing Zork for days on my old Commodore 64. That game made you think, and threw in some puns and absurdity as well. Is that nostalgia, or merely an on-going sense of awe at how creative people could be when given a limited set of tools to work with when designing a game? Sometimes I think having too much potential, too many options, stifles creativity somewhat. It is when we must face a situation with inherent limitations that we are able to pull out the most creative of solutions.

No comments: