Thursday, June 29, 2006

Hail to the Chief

Within months of moving in to my condo, I found myself on the resident Board. After being on it for four years (and dealing with one crazy neighbor too many) I decided it was time for an exit.
That was six months ago. Nobody wanted the position. Eventually, we talked someone into taking it, a guy whose parents also live in the building and who would be moving in to another unit at some point (after he finishes rehabbing it). So I stayed on as interim vice president.
Now our board president has resigned, as he is moving out. Which makes me interim president.
Why is it that the responsibilities I really want are so hard to acquire, while those that I would rather avoid end up in my lap?
Outside, a crew is setting up for tuckpointing work. That's right, I came to power right at the moment when we are starting our most costly project in years.
Figures.

No comments: