Friday, March 31, 2006

Tori

Tori, 1993 (?) - 2006. Yes I am sentimental, but when you have had a pet who has been around through a lot of the good and bad in your life, is it such a surprise?
So this is a sample of what I will remember: Reh-rowrrr. 6 foot vertical leap. Push-push. Studying the birds. Hiding in a corner in new places. The ability to hear food before I took it out of the container. The playfulness of her youth and the gentleness when she got older. And in these last days, how strong she was in the face of her body turning against her.
All that our pets ever ask of us is that we love them, and I did.

3 comments:

R said...

:(

Anonymous said...

Bry, Sorry to hear about Tori. I have fond memories of kitty sitting for you one summer; I don't know where you went, but I do remember that Tori and I had a great time together.
-Michele

Anonymous said...

This stinks. I am so sorry buddy. :o(
Your Tori was a sweetie pie.

*hugs*