Sunday, April 05, 2009

The extinction of the black cow

Old news, probably, but relatively new for someone who rarely frequents fast food joints these days, and hasn't been to an Arby's in almost three years - the news is, no more black cow milkshake. A black cow is basically a root beer float (a proper float, as I envision it, involves ice cream actually floating in the root beer, whereas a black cow is the same ingredients blended together).
Anyway, there's two ways I could look at this. Either "damn you Arby's, now I have no reason to go there", or, I can take personal responsibility for the shake dropping from the menu since I haven't been there in so long to get one. And that might have made the difference.
Sadly, I have yet to see a petition to resurrect the black cow. I guess there may be more important things going on in the world.
Perhaps I should wait for a nice hot day this summer (if summer ever gets here, even spring is currently being chased off by stark winds and an icy snowshower) and have a milkshake party.

No comments: