Friday, May 12, 2006

Dill Kill

Okay. I will never claim to have a green thumb. But I thought I could keep a simple dill plant alive. And for two weeks it was doing okay. But then I forgot to water it for a day. And then I guess I drowned it in an overcompensating downpour.
So can someone please invent a customized water gauge? An inexpensive little tool, maybe incorporated into that little plastic marker that tells you what type of plant you are buying and how to take care of it. With a depth line so that you know it is in the soil far enough, and a little raincloud or whatever that gets brighter when you should water the plant. Kind of like those fish tank temperature gauges that stick up against the glass. For idiots like me. Because I feel bad when I let the plants down, ya know?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine the horror when you forget to bring the Purell to the kids museum and your kids ends of vomitting for 3 days after picking up some disgusting bacteria.

Anonymous said...

Those water gauge things have been invented. Leave the plant dry out and in a few days it will be fine.