Saturday, February 11, 2006

Random 2.11.06

Lying on the bed. Drifting. Snow swirling down, tree in the background. With the light sort of grey and hazy, the snowflakes against the trunk and branches look like blood cells moving through arteries.
And then I fall into a nap.
The new Belle and Sebastien is playing from the other room when I wake up. The snow is gone, temporarily.
I drag myself out of bed, still tired, willing myself to snap to attention. Maybe I should eat something. I pour myself the last cup of Lilo and Stitch cereal. I measure my cereal now; I measure all of my food lately to calculate over the course of the day; how much fat, protein, carbs...alcohol. Yes. I follow up the cereal with a white russian chaser. When they target-marketed that blend of cocoa-puffs and marshmallows I bet they never anticipated that.

No comments: