Tuesday, November 22, 2005

White Apples - Question 1

What three meals from your past would you like to eat again? Describe the three most memorable meals you've ever had -- one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner. (from White Apples, by Jonathan Carroll).

Difficult question. Some of my most memorable meals I would not choose to have again, for the reasons that made them memorable. The Tony-Paul brawl dinner, for example.

Picnic lunch, road trip with R, 1998; somewhere in Colorado. Relatively warm, but snow all around, drifts hanging over a clear stream.

I'll edit this when I think of other meals.

12.20.05 added:
There was a breakfast, actually a brunch, a few years back with the J & K group, a lot of people from college, over at the Twisted Spoke. I don't remember what I ate, or much of the concrete details, it just sticks out as a moment with a group of people that would soon after be scattered to some extent.

Dinner. What was it we ate? Yummy salad, and perhaps some fish and pasta concoction? It was a couple years ago at Tony and Ron's place near L.A. Memorable for the massive amounts of wine and details of old family stories/skeletons.

2 comments:

R said...

:) Thanks hon -- you know that was my second runner up.
I'm having extreme difficulty with breakfast and dinner though.

R said...

Also -- I don't think I heard the story of the Tony-Paul brawl dinner?