Thursday, October 27, 2005

Chicago sports

Let me be the first and perhaps the only one to say it: We are living in the midst of a charmed time for Chicago sports. I mean, when I consider the droughts our various teams have had, and then look around at my group of friends largely born in the early 70's, it is fair to say that we have not suffered through the years of sports disappointment that our parents and grandparents have endured. The Bears, Bulls, and now Sox have come out on top, giving us a solid team to root for in the 80's, 90's, and 00's. So if the theory I'm building here is correct...Blackhawks in the teens and Cubs in the 20's? Or is that optimistic? And yes, I know I am ignoring the Chicago Fire soccer team, who have also been winners in the past decade, but they lack the historical context of our other franchises. Anyway, Cubs fans, don't give up hope. Your decade is coming. GO SOX!

No comments: